From conference hotels to conference locations
For those staying at the San Diego Marriott La Jolla, it is:
- a 1.8-mile (~40 mins.) walk to the Friday conference location at Green Acre Campus Pointe, and
- a 2.3-mile (~50 mins.) walk to the Saturday & Sunday conference location at the Great Hall, International House.
- One of our student volunteers (Adam McCollum) will lead a walk to Green Acre Campus Pointe on Friday, leaving the Marriott at 8am sharp — he’ll be waiting just outside the door by the valet counter.
- Due to construction on the most obvious route, we recommend walking north along the east side of Regents Road up to Genesee Avenue. Cross Genesee at the Regents-Genesee intersection and then follow Genesee west until you reach Campus Point Drive. Turn right and then follow Campus Point Drive all the way to its end.
For those staying at the Residence Inn San Diego – La Jolla, it is:
- a 2.7-mile (~60 mins.) walk to the Friday conference location at Green Acre Campus Pointe, and
- a 1.3-mile (~30 mins.) walk to the Saturday & Sunday conference location at the Great Hall, International House.
- A shuttle is available on Friday only, to transport conference attendees between the Residence Inn and Green Acre Campus Pointe (information will be made available to you at check-in time).
- One of our student volunteers (Anna Mai) will lead a walk to the Great Hall on Saturday and Sunday, leaving the hotel at approximately 8am.
- Map with directions from both conference hotels to Green Acre Campus Pointe (Friday conference location)
- Here is a PDF with directions to the Upper Lot, the parking lot closest to Green Acre Campus Pointe. Parking there is free. If the Upper Lot is full you can also park in the parking lot on the opposite side of the Campus Pointe building and walk through the building to get to Green Acre.
- Map with directions from both conference hotels to the Great Hall (Saturday and Sunday conference location)
San Diego International Airport (SAN)
San Diego International Airport (SAN) is 20-30 minutes from UC San Diego by car and 60-90 minutes by bus.
There are no direct city buses to the campus area, but you can take bus 992 downtown and then catch either bus 150 (Express) or bus 50. Note that you have to pay for each bus ride separately. Use the SDMTS Trip Planner to plan your journey.
Car rentals are available – free shuttle buses run from the airport to the Consolidated Rental Car Center where all car rental companies are housed.
Shared shuttle vans also operate from the airport, and cost about $20-25. Several companies are listed here.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is 2-3 hours from UC San Diego by car (depending on traffic) and 4.5-5.5 hours by public transit. Car rentals can be made at the airport, and travelers intending to use public transit should plan ahead to insure that the appropriate Los Angeles and San Diego MTS passes are available for purchase on site. The use of taxis or ride-share services for travel from LAX to UC San Diego typically costs well over $100 and is not recommended.
Local Amtrak Stations
- Sorrento Valley (SRB)
- Old Town (OLT)
- San Diego (SAN)